CAFC Club Crest 2020._WEB


Working or Volunteering with Children

To work or volunteer with children in Queensland, you need to have a blue card. You will also need a card if you are a student enrolled in a tertiary course (including certificate, TAFE and university courses) and need to do a practical placement. However, if you do not need a blue card, you can’t apply for one.

Before you can apply, you need to be enrolled in your course or have an agreement to work or volunteer with an organisation and your work needs to fit a category of employment in the Working with Children (Risk Management and Screening) Act 2000

Churches, clubs and associations

You will need a blue card for work at a church, club, association or similar entity that includes:

  • providing services to children.

  • conducting activities with children.

This means a blue card is required for people working or volunteering:

  • in the children’s Sunday school at a church.

  • with a children’s sports team.


Renew your existing card here

Apply for a new card here